Lung Cancer: Thoracic Cancer Center
There are many reasons why the specialists at MedStar Franklin Square's Thoracic Cancer Center see more lung cancer patients than any other community hospital in Maryland. We:
- Work as a multidisciplinary team to deliver comprehensive and efficient patient care
- Offer the latest diagnostic technologies and top lung cancer specialists
- Focus on treatment and rehabilitation, as well as lung cancer prevention
- Treat patients with the respect and attention they deserve, making them feel cared for every step of the way in a warm, suburban setting
Our lung cancer team: Experience in treating lung cancer counts
Studies show that hospitals and surgeons who treat high volumes of lung cancer as well as other thoracic malignancies, and perform lung cancer surgery, often have better results. Each year our lung cancer team treats approximately 280 new cases of cancer of the lung or bronchus (airway), placing us in the top 10 percent of community hospitals nationwide. Learn more about lung cancer treatment.
Comprehensive care in an efficient, patient-centered setting
We employ a team approach to patient care. Our multidisciplinary approach to lung cancer treatment means that each patient's case is reviewed at our weekly Tumor Board, where multiple specialists discuss the most effective treatment options for each patient, creating truly individualized, expert care.
Further, because of our seamless approach to patient care, patients can expect to have many appointments in one day, making their experience here smooth and efficient. Learn more about us.
Lung cancer diagnosis and treatment
Seventy to eighty percent of lung cancer is potentially curable if caught in its early stages. At MedStar Franklin Square, our lung cancer team is determined to find and treat lung cancer as early as possible, delivering the best possible outcomes to our patients. Learn more about lung and cancer diagnosis.
Better diagnostic tools and treatment for lung cancer
We use the most cutting-edge, minimally invasive lung cancer diagnostic tools available, decreasing both your stress and the time you spend at our center. If treatment is needed, we have a full range of surgical treatment options. Our CyberKnife specialists and technology are some of the best in the state, as well as the nation.
Comprehensive supportive care
Make an appointment with one of our experienced lung cancer specialists, please call 443-777-5864 (LUNG).
Read an article about Lung Cancer:
- Lung Disease on the Rise in Women
- A New Way to Destroy Cancer
- Lung Cancer: Advanced Technology Increases Chance for a Cure
- Women and Lung Cancer
- superDimension™ Replaces “Wait and Watch”