Am I a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
In general, to be considered as a candidate for bariatric surgery you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more (about 100 lbs or more over ideal body weight); or a BMI of 35 to 39.9 with serious medical conditions related to obesity that would improve with weight loss.
- Have attempted (and failed) previous weight loss efforts with diet, exercise, lifestyle changes or medications.
- Committed and motivated to a lifestyle change.
- Understand the possible risks, benefits, and side effects of the procedure.
- Free from smoking, drinking and any type of illegal drug activities. Need help to quit?
As with any surgical procedure, potential risks and complications can occur with weight loss surgery. We're committed to providing you with the information you need to make a well-informed decision about your surgery.
For more information or to attend a free information session, call 443-777-7900.