Criteria for Applicants
We use an evaluation process that takes into consideration the entire application process.
Preferable criteria as follows:
- Applications are only accepted through ERAS.
(We do not accept any paper information.)
- Valid ECFMG certificate.
- Successful completion of USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK and CS or COMLEX Step 1 and 2. The desirable USMLE score for Step 1 and Step 2 is 200 passing on first attempt.
- Minimum of 4 months of clinical experience in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, or South Africa. Research does not qualify as clinical experience.
- Applicant must be within 3 years of graduation from medical school.
- Applicant must submit at least 2 letters of recommendation that must come from the facility where the clinical experience was completed. Additional letters of recommendation may also be submitted.
- Eligibility for J-1 visa.
All applicants from affiliated institutions will be considered.
For more information, contact Nora Keller, residency program coordinator at 443-777-6545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.