Press Releases and Media
News Makers - December 2, 2011
Read all about the latest on Franklin Square Hospital Center in the news….
The Baltimore Sun
• Franklin Square is mentioned, among other MedStar hospitals, for its part in assisting a Baltimore marathon runner who suffered a cardiac arrest at the end of the race. Read this story.
The Avenue News
• Christina Hughes, RN, is named in a November 11 article in the Avenue News about the Chesapeake Gateway Chamber of Commerce 2011 Hometown Heroes. Read this article.
• Colleen LoPresto’s appointment to the Franklin Square Board of Directors was announced in the Avenue News on October 19. Read this story.
WMAR-TV and WBAL-TV
• Jonathan Hansen, MD, was interviewed by WMAR-TV and WBAL-TV at Franklin Square’s annual drive through flu shot clinic on November 6.
• Jerry Marty, MD, was in a WBAL-TV Health Alert story on November 16. The story featured his personal experience with congestive heart failure and a vest that is worn under clothing and acts like an external defibrillator that saved his life. Watch this story.
Watch the web extra.
CBS Radio (101.9FM, 105.7FM, 106.5FM)
• Christina Hughes, RN, was on the local CBS Radio stations the week of October 31 talking about seasonal flu and Franklin Square’s drive through flu vaccination clinic on November 6.
• James McGowan, MD, was on the local CBS Radio stations the week of November 7 talking about pain management.
• Michele Oseroff, RN, was on the local CBS Radio stations the week of November 14 talking about women’s health and her role as a women’s health navigator.
• Melissa Kinstlinger, RD, was on WBAL Radio’s “Medical Matters” on November 5 talking about diabetes and promoting the Diabetes Update community seminar on November 16. A one-minute commercial aired several times throughout the following week.
Advance for Nurses
Joan Warren, PhD, RN, is quoted in an article on minimal lift and safe patient handling in Advance for Nurses.
Read this article.
• Fernando Mena, MD, is quoted in a Patch.com article about the unveiling of the “Wall of Hope” in the NICU at Franklin Square. Read this article.
• Read Dr. Joe Fuscaldo’s latest blog post about the dangers of tobacco abuse on Patch.com: Read this blog.
The following “Centered on Your Health” articles appear on Patch.com (Middle River-Essex version and other local versions):
Maria Ionita, MD
“Ministrokes are a Major Health Concern”
Sriram Padmanabhan, MD
“Eat, Drink and Be Merry… But Don’t Overdue It”
“Steps to be Prepared When Flu Strikes”
Conrad Duncan, MD, and E. Cristian Campian, MD
“Putting an End to Chronic Pelvic Pain”
Michele Oseroff, RN
“Women Need to Make Their Own Health a Priority”